Voters passed a bond measure in 2018 to fund improvements across the entire district, including at Washington Elementary School. Bond funding will provide more than $4 million in renovations at Washington.
Highlights of the work planned at Washington include:
• Seismic improvements
• Heating/ventilation system upgrades
• Removal of portable classrooms
• Increased visibility of the main entry from the office, including a secured vestibule
• Expanded wireless capacity
• Electronic badge access system upgrades
The district’s project management team is currently working with BRIC Architects to finalize the drawings that construction contractors will use to improve the spaces at Washington.
Construction is scheduled to begin in the summer of 2022 and is expected to be complete early in the fall of 2022.
A list of projects for Washington can be found on the district website. For more information about bond-funded construction projects in Salem-Keizer Public Schools, please visit the Bond Projects home page.
Thank you, voters!